Sarita Chen – Looking Outwards – 02

screen-shot-2016-09-08-at-4-52-24-pm screen-shot-2016-09-08-at-4-58-48-pm

FlickrTumblr.

The Generative Artist I chose for this week’s Looking Outwards assignment is Mario Klingemann. Mario Klingmann is stationed in Munich, Germany, and describes himself as and “Artist, Coder, Data Collector, Archivist, Speaker and Obsessive Compulsive Orderer” according to his twitter page. One project that I liked in particular from him was his “Pinuptic Curve” series, where he creates Pinup photos of women purely out of ellipses. The full series can be found here.

What I admire about this project (aside from being a fan of pinup photos) is that he manages to capture the expression and form of a pinup photo with the single usage of a primitive shape: the ellipse. The images themselves are fairly complex. He created the series in 2011. I can imagine that describing himself as an “Obessesive Compulsive Orderer” has some backing, as the images for this project are incredibly precise in what they are trying to represent. There is very deliberate usage of the ellipses to create the models of the women in the pinups.

Mario uses a self made tool known as ScribblerToo, and Flash for his works.