LookingOutwards-3 sehenry

The reason why I chose the project below as my focal point for LookingOutwards-3 is because the sculpture speaks to me. It is a computer generated sculpture of 4 separate but aligned pieces. Each piece has ripples through and through and when you take a step back and look at the sculpture as a whole, it looks very similar to a blanket or sheets on a bed. The ripples within each piece look to be randomly placed so I would have to guess that the algorithm used for this portion of the sculpture would have had a lot of random variables include. Just like I can make a background produce random colors with background(random(30,200), 50, random(40,150)). I also admire how simple this sculpture is. Not every computer generated piece of work has to be filled to the brim with colors and shapes. This one was simple with complicated algorithms. If you click on the link you will actually see that the sculpture is made of tiny little bristles. This really shows the artist’s sensibilities. There is more to see, the closer you get.

lookingoutwards-3

Creator: BREAD
Project Name: Cilia