Looking Outwards 10-sehenry

Loop.ph is a studio based in London and was created by Mathias Gmachl and Rachel Wingfield. This studio focuses on architecture, design, and other sciences. They try and connect reality, the virtual, and the future. One of the projects that I was looking at that they did was very interesting to say that least. They built a small bicycle course that had lights implanted on the course to represent something bigger. The course was supposed to be a way to celebrate the relationship between Taipei and the importance of healthy living styles. Going deeper into the description of the project (found HERE), you can see how they were trying to connect the structure of course to how lungs are structured while the cycling can represent air quality and its effect on the lungs. I cannot do it justice by explaining it here so click on the link to read more.

Rachel Wingfield is a researcher and a designer who trained at the Royal College of Art in London. She works on a lot of environmental and living systems related projects.

I really liked this project because I think it is important to educate people on their environment and how it affects their body. Rachel and her partner just found a really cool way to do it!