Hannah K-Looking Outwards-12

For this week’s Looking Outwards, I looked at two examples of games that are are similar to what I hope to create for my final project. Both games were created by primarygamesarena.com and were originally intended to be educational math games for younger children.

The first game was called Apple Catch, and the second game was called FrostBite.

The main elements of these games that I gained inspiration from was that the graphics were simple but still effective, and both games were mouse interactive and had an element of keeping tracking how how many “items” that the mouse-controlled character caught.

In the background of both of these projects, there were random graphic elements, which is something I may consider adding. As I go about working on my project, I think it will be helpful to come back and look at these games again.

Apple Catch requires that the player moves the mouse to where is apple is dropping.
FrostBite has a similar idea as Apple Catch, but it requires that the player moves the mouse away from randomly generated elements dropping from the sky.