012-Looking Outwards

The two artists I’m using as inspiration for my final project are Kynd and Luke Twyman.

Kynd’s “At First” are vivid watercolor visuals that they created for a VJ set for the musician Yaporigami. The visuals interact with the music to create beautiful painterly strokes that consume the and transform within the space. I love the feeling of the visuals and the way they move within their constraints and interact with the music.

The other piece is Luke Ywyman’s interactive design for the Helios’ album “Yume”. This interactive design is interesting to me because it gives the viewer the ability to interact both sonically and visually with the work and therefore feel they are also contributing and adding to it.

For my final project, I’d like to create an audiovisual performance instrument so both of these are good examples to draw from in terms of thinking about how I will manifest my own audio visual program. http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/float-over-a-digital-desert-in-helios-interactive-album