rsp1-Looking Outwards04

The project that I found this time is called Prismverse.

http://www.creativeapplications.net/openframeworks/prismverse-spatialising-paths-of-light-inside-a-diamond/

Prismverse is an art installation created by XEX for Dr. Jart+. It’s inspiration draws from the light rays that move through a diamond and its reflections that result from the multifaceted faces of the diamond structure. In short, it is inspired by Brilliant Cut, which according to the article linked above, is “a form that produces highest brilliance with maximized light return through its top.” The installation itself consists of a surrounding of complex geometrical tessellated mirror walls that produce visually pleasing reflections on the floor that is made of LED lights itself. It also produces unique omnidirectional sound qualities for the visitor.

With the use of software programs such as C4D, Redshift, Adobe Aftereffect, openFrameworksAbleton Live, Reaktor, Arduino, and Capacitive Sensors, the artists were able to achieve a breathtaking visual. The project itself illustrates an expertly executed installation of technology and art.

I personally liked this project because although it is similar to many other installations such a mirror maze, but it incorporates so many more complex elements, logic, and technology. Instead of a static installation where you see just your reflection, the installation now is something interactive and changeable. I thought it was interesting how the geometries were shaped as well. Its psychedelic qualities make it hard to look away and keep the visual interest of the viewer. I wonder now what the experience would be like to actually be within the installation itself.

Below is a video of the experience by the artists: