LookingOutwards-05-Chickoff

Warde “Home Is A Quest” DIRECTOR’S CUT is an animated commercial made by Leo Burnett for Warde, which is “the biggest reseller of fabrics in the middle east and Africa” and is known world-wide for these designs.

Warde “Home Is A Quest” Still

While I really love the animation itself, I felt that the music and narration weakened the video and made it feel gimmicky and cheesy. Even if it was the producer’s intention to have the video be light and upbeat, it felt overdone. The soundtrack that is chosen for a video is incredibly important and can easily change the mood. This choice can make or break a project.

“That’s when we know we arrived: home,” is what I think the most powerful line of this commercial because of the image it’s paired with: baby birds in their nest being fed by their mother. Unfortunately, this scene ended as quickly as it appeared. I wish it lasted longer because the concept of home and comfort seems to be the main theme of this commercial, but it ended so quickly and was not able to have as much of an impact.

Still, I really love how the landscapes of the animation look like soft fabrics. The rolling hills and even the rocks are comforting despite being in the wilderness.