Sheenu-Looking Outwards-08

Klaus Obermaier is a media-artist, choreographer, and composer in Vienna who creates multimedia art performances/installations using dancing, projectors provided from a team in Japan, animations, music, and computer programming developed and provided from a team in London. When presenting his works, he focuses on hierarchy and lighting along with the types of dances and abstractions. From his works, I learned that subtle details people tend to ignore such as lighting are things that should be he most important things to focus on. One of my most favorite works was named “APPARITION”, a dance and media performance that confronts aesthetic potential and the after effects of integrating interactivity. I like this piece because the animated projection in the background creates a harmony with the projections on the dancers through conflicting patterns and animations. Watching these patterns animate along with the dances and lighting is quite satisfying. His works are truly different and make use of very advanced technology. It’s worth checking out his works.

Website:

http://www.exile.at/apparition/background.html

Author: Sheenu You

Choo choo