rkondrup-Looking-Outwards-09

Upon discovering the work of Beeple, as reviewed by danny noh in Looking Outwards, I was amazed at the idea of the projects which this man undertakes every SINGLE DAY, FROM SCRATCH. Honestly the things he draws would take me months, yet somehow the man produces amazing AMAZING graphic work at an incredible pace and without falling into stylistic ruts or creative dead-ends. I only wish danny noh had better stressed how unbelievably intricate and beautiful and amazing this work is, considering the production rate of one EVERY SINGLE DAY wowza. For 3308 consecutive days !
The idea of this project as a continuous daily task is one which I am a big fan of because building up a library of work which is a visual, tangible reminder of one’s progress in a task like graphic design is something which produces a concrete sense of accomplishment and meaning. Personally, I would like to pursue a similar sort of project initiative in order to further my own design skills and build a portfolio of completed work.