cduong-Looking Outward 10-Notes On Blindness

Project: Notes On Blindness
Designer: Beatrice Latrigue
Link: http://epure.it/notes-on-blindness

This project, Notes On Blindness, by Beatrice Latrigue is a project that uses “new forms of storytelling, gameplay mechanics and VR to explore a blind man’s cognitive and emotional experience of blindness.” It was made after John Hull lost his sight back in 1983. He created an audio diary to record what he was experiencing in a new world without sight and based on these recordings this project was designed to create an animated, interactive documentary to explore the world of the blind and better understand what it feels like to be blind.

As someone who has extremely awful eyesight this project really resonated with me because I have a strong fear of going blind one day and to know that they created something that I am so afraid of into something that looks so beautiful really touched my heart. The video was actually so so so beautiful and I would really love to be able to experience the actual VR one day.

Beatrice Latrigue is a visual artist in Paris. Her education includes: Incubator, Interactive Design, and Spatial Design. Her main works include invisible relationships within images, space, and time and she creates immersive experience and physical interactive installations.