Sheenu-Project 12-Proposal

Ever since I was very little, I always loved telling stories and making animations. The idea of making characters you imagine come to life and have their own life stories and experiences always fascinated me. So, when I was first introduced to the computer during my elementary years, I already self-taught myself the fundamentals of animation and how to publish these animations to YouTube. During the years, I kept on making animations and practicing during my free time, however as I got older and busier, making the animations themselves became a struggle and difficult even for someone who has the passion for it. Because of this, I now search for ways to make animations not only better, but faster to produce through computer programming, rigs, and algorithms.

I propose to make a simple program that allows you to move and save the position of an animated stick-figure rig or shape, move and save a second position, and allow the character to move using those two or as much saved positions as possible. The animation can be played forward or backwards and its frame cycling speed can be adjusted. My proposal sounds both very difficult and simple yet I am excited to give it a try.

Author: Sheenu You

Choo choo