Xiaoying Meng-LookingOutwards-1

(The ABC of Architects: a list of the most important architects and their buildings)

The ABC of Architects is a motion graphic video introducing some of the most famous architects and their iconic buildings in an alphabetical order. It was created by Andrea Stinga and Federico Gonzalez. The creators did a good job trying to include architects/architecture from countries around the world. They also have other architectural videos and graphics on OMBU Architecture, such as this one about Pritzker winners. I find the ABC of Architects intriguing and informative. The motion graphics simplify the forms and represent the characteristics of the architectures very well, making it easier for people to remember the buildings. The graphics move according to the music. This feature can better engage the audience and make the video more interesting. My only complaint with this feature is that sometimes the graphics move too fast. It might be difficult for people to follow. I think the same type of motion graphics can be used to create educational videos about building constructions and design ideas.