Kyle Leve-LO-Week-10

A woman that I discovered in the field of interactive artwork is Caroline Record. A project that she did during her time as a student at Carnegie Mellon University was assisting with the “Very Eric Carle” exhibit at the Children’s Museum. As a part of a four-student team called Click’d, Record worked to create an interactive exhibit that both children and adults could enjoy. What they created was an interactive play area based off Eric Carle’s most famous book “A Very Hungry Caterpillar.” This play area had different components such as grass, rocks, and hills that the children could play on and depending on their interactions with the landscape, the landscape would have different sounds. I admire how this project was done in a way that focused on creating a real-life version of a popular children’s book. I like how the play area considers of many different interactions and it seems like there is a lot to do even though it is a limited space. It was also interesting to study a project that is so close to me!

Link to project and video: https://carolinerecord.com/clickd/