Lan Wei-Looking Outwards-11

The name of the project is ‘Mr Shadow’ and the project was created by Scientists at SONY CSL Research Laboratory in 2016.

I looked at lots of videos about computer music before decided to investigate this one. The reason is that for me most of the ‘computer music’ are only making use of computers to save time in producing the rhythms without digging into the specialities of computers. But this one produced by Artificial Intelligence is special in my perspective. It contains not only rhythms that lift people’s spirit, but also, most importantly, human motions. It’s exciting to see how a ‘dead’ computer can produce such vivid music with ups and downs through analysing precedents. And this leads to another question: whether computers will replace artists totally in the future? I can write an essay about this but I’m not going to discuss the topic here. I just want to say this project is very exciting and inspiring.

Besides the music itself, the graphic effect is also very good and it echoes with the music very well. In general, the computer-generated music really takes me into its world.