Vicky Zhou – Looking Outwards 12

In my research for generative and computational artists, I came across a visual artist/programmer/designer that I really admire — Marcin Ignac. A lot of his projects deal with data visualization and generative art in visually engaging ways, many times involving the manipulation of interesting 3D spaces in aesthetic qualities. In particular, I find “Continuous Transition”, “Instancae”, and “Noise Particles”, projects the most visually stimulating, with “Instancae” being the most visually engaging. “Instancae” is a branch of a bigger project “Flora”, and it is interesting because it is a generative plant project that involves several different “plant” forms to generate output, and focuses on translating natural elements (biomimicry) onto a computational platform. I also really admire his “Continuous Translation” project because it dives into an interesting break down of undulation, that I would want to further explore in my final project. Although several of his projects do allow for interaction, “Continuous Translation” is more so an already finalized project; I would want to explore more so how the user can input data in order to manipulate the wave.

Instancae
Continuous Transition