Tanvi Harkare – Looking Outwards 12

For my final project, I wanted to create a game – coding video games is one of the reasons why I chose to take this class. The two projects I found dealing with this subject is Flappy Bogost by Greg Borenstein, and Method Random by Rafael Lozano-Hemmer.

Flappy Bogost is a spin off of the popular game, Flappy Bird. It uses multiple generative landscapes to create a game in which an object must “flap” its way around the obstacles provided. One of the things that I think could have been improved is the reasoning for the landscape and obstacles – currently it is a desert landscape with green chillies as the obstacle. I believe something with a theme could make this game more appealing to its users.

Flappy Bogost from Greg Borenstein on Vimeo

Method Random was created with the intention of creating a grid of random sized squares, with a different fill in each color. There is a series of nine algorithms that perform different tasks, mainly different seeds for generating numbers for individual R, G, and B values. This could be useful for generating random colors in my final project.

Method Random