LO 1 – My Inspiration

Last winter, I traveled to Japan with my family. One of the places that I had really wanted to visit was teamLab Borderless, a digital art museum experience in Tokyo. TeamLab is a large team of designers, artists, programmers, and other specialists that collaborate on large-scale, immersive projects. The museum was unlike anything I had ever seen before, from its incredible projections to its unconventional layout and interactive spaces.

One part of the exhibition that I found most enjoyable and inspiring was the tea house experience. A tea master and Japanese cultural brand collaborated on “En Tea” House, making use of the transformative qualities of tea to create reactive graphics. They use computer programs, sensors, and projection to alter the location/size of flower blossom graphics according to the tea level. The creators of this project were hoping to share the power, effects, and taste of green tea, and were likely inspired by interactive installations. This exhibit showcases the limitless possibilities of technology and is a prime example of the innovative work that can result from interdisciplinary collaboration.

teamLab Borderless exhibit
En Tea House exhibit

teamLab; teamLab Borderless