Looking Outwards 09: on Looking Outwards

In the 5th week of looking outwards, we were tasked with looking at 3d graphics. There is a wide variety of choices my classmates have chosen to analyze and elaborate on. A specific one I’ve taken a liking to is the one on Jakub Javora by the author under the alias, rkim. They bring up the transformation of a real location to an alternate reality in a project called Restore Point. This is similar to the post by the author under the alias, carson michaelis. The core concept of creating an illusion with a preexisting condition is what the authors and I find fascinating. They focused on a rendering from an architectural firm, WOJR, and their project, ‘Mask House’.The difference between the two projects is one is creating an artificial world that is meant to be fantasy but one is created to portray a potential reality. Both create a mood they want the viewer to experience and cater to their visual palette. I enjoyed both projects and think both authors are absolutely right when it comes to their analysis of their executions.

rkim’s Looking Outwards 5
carson michaelis Looking Outwards 5