LO-09

This week, I looked at Shaun’s post about Ariel Waldman. It is crazy that she got a job with NASA right out of art school by cold calling them! I think that this background makes her perfect for the project that Shaun talks about in his blog: she seems to be all about making space exploration (and all of her other projects) more accessible to the average person. I wonder if this is because she did not have as much of a science background coming out of school, and therefore she is able to articulate concepts in ways that average people understand.
When I looked through her website, I saw that she also wrote a book titled “What’s It Like in Space?: Stories from Astronauts Who’ve Been There.” This is another project that, like Spaceprob.es that Shaun talked about in his post, gives everyone a look into what going to space is like. Right now, few people can actually go to space; significantly more people can read her book or visit her website.

Shaun’s original LO-08 post

Ariel Waldman’s website

Ariel Waldman’s book: What’s It Like in Space?: Stories from Astronauts Who’ve Been There (2016)