Looking Outwards 11

Bot Party
2017
Jubbies Steinweh-Adler

The project, Bot Party, is an interactive game relying on sound and physical contact with another person.This game is made up of a bunch of cubes which are called bots, which communicate with other users but only when you touch someone else who is holding another Bot. This project was created to help break the ice between strangers. It requires a secret message from each bot that can only be revealed through holding hands with people and experimenting until the message is revealed. The secret messages are randomly generated through software on the main part of the game. I admire how this game uses technology to aid human connection in a playful, lighthearted way. I also think it is really interesting that this software was built to receive human touch inputs from a sensor, this is something I would like to explore with code. This project was created by Pheonix Perry. She works primarily as a game designer, but also founded the Code Liberation Foundation which teaches women between ages 16-60 how to code.

Pheonix Perry