LO: The Creative Practice of an Individual

Meow Wolf’s Eyeo 2019 Festival presentation

Meow Wolf is an art collective that specializes in, and is best known for, creating large-scale immersive art installations, although they also produce streaming content, music videos, and arts and music festivals. They formed in February of 2008 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and presented their first large-scale installation, House of Eternal Return, in the same year. They have since expanded to several permanent installation exhibits across the nation, including Omega Mart in Las Vegas and Convergence Station in Denver. I was initially drawn towards watching Meow Wolf’s lecture simply because I had heard of them from a friend, but their work is so much more interesting now that I know more about it. It’s incredibly admirable how much attention to detail there is and there has to be. To have such an interactive exhibit that people can go as far as to climb on it, the entire installation has to be incredibly well built and well thought out. This became even more clear through Meow Wolf’s presentation. They had a very casual presentation, but they were also able to show how passionate they were about the art installations. I can tell that they care a lot about what they do, but they know that their work also speaks for itself.

House of Eternal Return, 2008-Present

https://meowwolf.com/