For my project test, I am going to try to determine and implement my central artistic inquiry. My current idea is to explore telling a story with robots lined up in a sequence. Only one robot at a time will be moving, and the light will follow the robot that is currently moving. This will help indicate the sequence of the story that I will tell.

I am still thinking of the specific story I would tell with this framework, but I do believe that it is robust enough to tell pretty much any story. One idea I have in mind is the march of progress. Each robot in the sequence would become progressively more advanced/complicated. It would highlight how overtime technology becomes more advanced and complex.

My most unresolved visual element right now is what each robot will look like. For my current idea, all I know is that the robots will become more advanced. I could probably start with a static robot, then have a 1 arm robot and so on. These robots could be similar to the one we developed for the previous presentation. However, I would like to explore other designs.

My materials could support this inquiry since they could convey advancement. The first robot might only be made out of wood while the last robot might be green or chrome to symbolize technology.

The individual movements of the robot will help indicate the level of advancement of each robot. Each successive robot could perform more advanced movements with more joints to highlight progress.

The most difficult technical element is synchronizing the lights and the movements of the robots. The lights should follow the currently moving robot in the sequence. Once that robot is done moving, the robot next to it should start moving.