My original idea was to use arching tubes to form a kite-like structure to explore what would happen if you tested the limits of the tubing by stretching and squishing it. I picked the fabric that I did because it was stretchy and visually interesting on the reflective side. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize that bending the tubes so they laid flatter (since their default form is in a coiled O) to form the shape I had in mind would have the downfall of making the entire piece very difficult to lie flat in a 2D plane. Since my original idea was to test what happens when the tubing is pressurized, this no longer worked since the tubes would just move in the direction of least resistance (meaning out of the plane that I originally had in mind). The material also didn’t help because it’s not stiff, allowing the tubes to dictate their positions. If I was to augment this project further, I would attach two pieces of acrylic to sandwich the form, exploring my initial idea the way I’d originally intended.