Ceres is made by Wearable Media and it is connected to data on asteroids near Earth. It is a full jumpsuit style very similar to an astronaut inspired design. A microcontroller on the back (seen in the video) controls the different aspects of this garment:

“The garment emits electrical current throughout the sensor points in the textile, intimately vibrating against the skin, letting the body sense the range, frequency and distance of NEAs.”

https://www.hellynteng.com/ceres

The garment responds to these data with how fast the LEDs move on the garment (relating to how fast the asteroid is going) and how bright the LEDs get (relating to how close the asteroid is to Earth). I see how this is almost a telepresence with celestial bodies as there are even sensors that vibrate and make the wearer experience the closeness through vibrations. This garment communicates with an app through using a microcontroller with bluetooth. I can see how these vibrations and lights could be used between people and not just the data from asteroids. I think the constant changing of the garment’s properties such as the brightness can be symbolic of other things such as emotions or proximity (if someone is getting too close to the wearer). This video highlights other projects that these women did, including the AudRey (a garment that shows the wearers “Instagram Aura” using augmented reality.