For this assignment Rebecca and I were inspired by an activity called the Doodle Challenge, where one person draws on someone’s back while the second person tries to recreate the image through what they are feeling. However, instead of drawing on each other’s backs, we decided to pick an image that we wanted the other to draw, and took turns giving one another a set of vague instructions on how to recreate the drawing. Through Zoom, we were able to utilize the concepts of tele – action and come up with some very creative drawings! 

I started the activity first by giving the vague instructions to Rebecca step by step in hopes that she would recreate the image of a house on a sunny day. I didn’t want Rebecca to guess what she was drawing from the beginning, so in order to make it less obvious, I instructed her to use a variety of colors using simple linear shapes. The first image below is the picture I wanted Rebecca to draw, and the second image is what Rebecca recreated following my set of instructions.

The image Celia wanted Rebecca to recreate
The image Rebecca created based off Celia’s set of instructions

I then gave Celia instructions on how to construct the image I had in my mind. I attempted to use geometric shapes whenever possible to make the image easier to create. I used descriptions such as, “Draw two circles that intersect in the middle” in order for her to draw the overall shape. I tried to be vague in some areas but I was specific when I instructed on how to draw the lines, so the would intersect one when necessary. This activity reminded me of doodle.io where users get a random object to draw then other users guess what it is, but in this cause it was more difficult to guess what I was drawing based off of her directions. So when I was drawing I couldn’t quite pinpoint what the object was.

The image Rebecca wanted Ceila to recreate
The image Celia created based off of Rebecca’s instructions