The first piece I created was centered about movement around something that is stagnant. I created an oval in the middle to see how the air fills around the center. Due to the oval blocking some of the flow the movement ended up going forward then flap moving up was able to represent motion without need for others. It reminded me of independence regardless of someone else’s actions.

The second piece I created were centered about purity and a sense of calmness. I created wings with a inner layer of lace to showcase how the fabric within the wing would affect the movement. The side without the lace puffed up easily and was able to inflate and deflate from the center pump. However the other side didn’t inflate to its full entirely, however that could also be due to some small holes.

Lastly I created an oval shaped pump. I wanted to show growth and a moment of increased space and height. With the fabric draped over the entire piece I was able to make the ribbons flow out more when the oval is filled up with air.