Tues. Mar 16, 2021, 10:30AM to 12:20PM (Zoom)
Today’s class is primarily devoted to discussion and brainstorming.
- Brief check-in.
- Any questions?
Assignment 11 Review
Let’s discuss your progress on Assignment 11. In many ways this was a warmup for the first project.
- Why did you choose the specific context for your creation?
- What sorts of behaviors do you wish you could have implemented to enhance the sense of presence?
- What hidden motivations or agenda did you consider for the presence?
- What was the most surprising discovery?
Introduction to Project 1: Ambient Proxy Body. We’ll talk about our intentions and expectations for this assignment.
- What project ideas immediately come to mind?
- How can we bring together telematic history, contextual placement, textile craft, mechanical craft, software, and telemetry to tunnel a sense of presence bidirectionally between two locations?
- What sort of affordances or techniques do you feel we are missing to accomplish your goals?
- Please write and post a list of ten project ideas, each described by a single sentence.
- This will be an individual assignment.
- This is due Thursday, March 18 at the beginning of class.