Thurs. Mar 18, 2021, 10:30AM to 12:20PM (Zoom)
Today’s class is primarily devoted to discussion and brainstorming.
- Brief check-in.
- Any questions?
- Soft Technologies Office Hours: Wednesdays, 7-8pm at this zoom link
- with Professors Olivia Robinson, Chris Atkeson (RI), Melisa Orta Martinez (RI), and Jim McCann (CS).
- Morphing Matter Lab: Cloud Salon
- Friday, Mar. 19 – 3:30-4:30 – Zoom link
- Ken Nakagaki is an interaction designer and HCI (Human Computer Interaction) researcher from Japan. Currently, he is a Ph.D. Candidate of Tangible Media Group, MIT Media Lab.
- Talk Title: Actuated Tangibles Actuate People: Designing Tangible Experiences by Weaving Actuation into the Physical World
Brainstorming for Project 1: Ambient Proxy Body. We will look at all of your ideas you generated for today.
Activity: Exploration of ideas. (follow the link for the in-class activity)
- Please skim through the ideas quickly…what do you find striking?
- Please add a sticky naming the one or two you find most appealing.
- Connect with your partner to further develop your ideas for Project 1. Continue to brainstorm to find an idea that you both are excited about. Create one wordpress post to share your proposed idea. This post should include:
- drawings of the ideas
- writing about the project that thinks through the following topics: identifying the ambient behaviors and sensing modalities, working within a telematic framework, concisely states the concept within the idea
- a list of materials and technologies you propose to use
- This will be a collaborative assignment.
- This is due Tuesday, March 23 at the beginning of class.