Our goal for progress was to plan out how we’d like the masks to look including the features of the partner and where we would place inflatables/pneumatics. We chose to do mock-up sketches as we had already experimented with stitching and the inflatables. From here, we will develop code and build the masks.

Anishwar~ This sketch represents my idea for how to apply pneumatics to the proxy mask. I want to put a pneumatic underneath both proxy eyes and the proxy mouth so that when they inflate these proxy features distort and change expression.

Elise ~ My sketch offers multiple features including fabric curls for short hair, embroidery for some dramatic facial hair, and the distorted eyes and mouth. I have included one inflatable over the eye as I want to the distortion to be most prominent there. I include two options for where the circuit playground could lie depending on how many wires are going on. I think I may just place it at the neck to not hurt my ears from the noises we are planning to use. Further description includes pockets to hold things and an elastic to keep the mask down around the neck.