Object 1

This object started as an idea of joining multiple hinges (which did not work out with straws for connectors) but turned into this butterfly-esque design conveying quick fabric movement in its tassels. The flapping is almost melancholic in comparison to the length of the tassels the pneumatic hinge carries similar to my drowning in the job market of corporate America

Object 2

The idea for this object developed from wanting to keep a piece of fabric in tension or flex it with the pneumatic bags combined with my interest in getting the bag to curl. The overall piece ended up with almost a soothing gust of wind-like movements. The pneumatic bag’s structure is based off of the linear actuator design but has inner hole openings on a gradient from big to small as I tested and found this setup produced the largest deformation. The piece allows for a wide range of movement types based on air pressure as it may be graceful and slow or chaotic and aggressive as seen below

Object 3

This piece spawned from Chinese New Year with the year of the rabbit being in my head for the past week. The first video showcases the slightly underwhelming ear flap motion achieved with a linear actuator shared between both ears. Although the actuator runs through both ears, it only appears distinct in one. As a result of this not working out to plan, I would probably find a better way to join multiple actuators.

This piece also includes a secondary pneumatic to allow the rabbit to display a hopping motion. This was achieved with a variant of the pneumatic square with an inset pouch