Mold A | Jina Lee

*I have been having printing issues with my molds – so I am working with Cody and Sunjana to get it fixed. Right now, I do not have any silicone makings because of the issue, but am hoping to get them printed by Mar 4th through Sunjana’s account and re-printing through mine again.*

For this iteration, I have been focused on revising my previous prototype. Previously, I had the mold switched which caused a lot of confusion when I was creating it. I started to also think about the contextualization of our wearable. The part that was cast using Mold A is testing the shape inflating aspect. I infer that the inflating will be simple but useable, but will need to make sure that the bonding is secure so there aren’t any air leakages.

• High Contact Athletes can wear this to understand where there is an injury or an upcoming bruise –> use color to indicate the extremeness and the shape to show where it is.
    • Football Players: Have a side head piece that can detect when there is high contact on the head to help with identifying concussions
    • Snowboarders: Have a wrist wearable to know if there are any accidental fractures/sprains when landing on their hand

Things to Due before Break:

• Finalize the practice molds (get it to work)
  • Iterate on the actual design

Changes planned for the next mold version:

• Follow the correct procedure when working with cavities.
  • Slightly increase the thickness of the bottom and side wall parts
  • Attempt to understand if shape changing and color liquid injection can be done together for our project

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OcNvWW4Zeu_ShMLsVo1av5yV_rrkmrR4?usp=sharing