Sunjana Kulkarni | Mold C

For this mold, I decided to experiment with creating a silicone piece that could actually be worn. This piece is designed with a wrist strap that is wrapped in a circle with the edges bonded together. The pulser is situated in the center of the palm and the wearer would press it with their thumb and shoot the liquid up to their finger. The channel is surrounded by a long sheet of silicone that can be wrapped around the finger and have its edges bonded together.

This part builds off of my previous experiment with the same channel pattern, but on a much smaller scale, which turned out to be successful when put into practice.

What was also successful about that experiment was the fact that I made my mold have a much larger thickness compared to the mold before that. I had kept the place where the silicone was to be poured at a shallow thickness, however I made the mold itself have a greater thickness so that the floor would actually be printed, and I could avoid the ridges that came from the support material serving as the floor in the first iteration.

In the current mold, I increased the depth of the pulser by a millimeter and increased channel thickness by a millimeter.

Detail Mold Information

Volume 18054.139 mm^3

Ceiling Information

Volume 5820.00 mm^3