Exercise 1: Cardboard Soda Can Carrier
Due Tuesday February 7, 2017
Garfield has been invited to a picnic. He was asked to bring six cans of soda. Garfield has a problem. He does not have anything to carry the six cans in. He does not want to miss the picnic because he heard that there will be lasagne there, but he cannot show up empty handed either. He needs your help. Here are some of Garfield’s criteria:
- The holder will be made out of cardboard. His owner, John, will provide you with the cardboard. Use as little cardboard as possible because the more money John saves, the more dessert he can buy for Garfield. Keep track of the amount of cardboard you use. This may mean making simple sketches with dimensions of the pieces used.
- Garfield does not like glue or tape. No glue or tape is allowed. Only cardboard. Garfield would like a classy, well-made holder too. There might be someone he wants to impress at the picnic.
- The holder should allow Garfield to have one free hand to hold Odie’s leash.
- When Garfield and Odie are happy, they like to skip. Garfield does not want the cans too fall out if the holder is swung. Make certain that they are secure.
- The picnic is coming up soon, so Garfield would like to have this holder by Tuesday.
Check the assessment criteria.