Mini Assignment 9

One sound that would be really helpful for our house is a certain song playing as a notification if all our garbage/recycling cans aren’t in their spots on our driveway at 5:30 PM on Wednesdays. This would be a great reminder to take them off the curb so we don’t get in trouble with Pittsburgh.

Another helpful sound inspired by Jet’s weather example is a tone that would be played as we are leaving the house if it’s late afternoon/ early evening and the temperature is supposed to drop by 10 or more degrees. This could be a useful reminder to get a(nother) jacket if you aren’t already prepared for the temperature change. This is more important with everyone spending so much time inside.

Finally, a last helpful sound I thought of is if a package is delivered to have the doorbell ring if the delivery person had not done so. It seems that this year it is up in the air whether there is a notification that a package has arrived.

Author: sakamath@andrew.cmu.edu

Hey everyone! I'm a senior in mechanical engineering with a minor in physical computing. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and build some cool projects:)