Welcome to 53-353 Understanding Game Engines

Welcome to the 2022 Summer 1 semester of “53-353 Understanding Game Engines” – entirely remote! (and partially asynchronous!)

Live classes will be held on Zoom during our regular class time (2:00 – 3:20pm EDT). These sessions will be recorded and posted to Canvas if you are unable to attend, or in case you need to go back and review.

Our daily class will contain both lecture content and live-coding sessions. These coding sessions will work through the development of our projects, and our assignments will build upon on the code created in them, so if you are taking the course asynchronously don’t wait until the deadline to catch up.

Written recaps of the content covered in class will be posted to this site, along with announcements, assignment details, and other resources. Sample project files, code, and slides will be shared using Box, and you will be assigned a personal Box folder to submit your work. This may sound like a rather large technology stack, but once we get going I’m sure you will find it easy to work with.

Our first class session will be held on Monday (5/16) via our Zoom. You can find the Zoom link in the Canvas page for our course. If you do not have access to Canvas, or are having issues connecting, please reach out to me at tcorbett@andrew.cmu.edu.

I am looking forward to meeting you all next week!