My assemblage sculpture combines models from David O’Reilly’s Everything Consumable Library. I also used textures from texturehaven.com and the unity standard assets packages. I tried working with a composition that I felt would be interesting and would read like a sculpture with a metallic and solid color all throughout. I tried varying the type of material, though all having a similar property of feeling stiff and rigid, like how mental sculptures are. I was able to add a nice touch of color with adding multiple direction lights, and altering the hues which adds pink and teal to the sculpture. Unfortunately, I could not get unity recorder to work as it crashed when I tried starting a recording 🙁 Will make sure to get it to work.
I was mostly playing with Cinemachine and creating dynamic camera movements. I liked the circularity of the objects I combined, but I’m not so sure about the material I used. I wanted to use the textureHaven textures, but they only look good on large or flat surfaces. When I tried to use them on the objects everything looked really muddy.
I like how dynamic the composition turned out, as well as how the camera movement complements the shape of the overall sculpture. I wish the models looked more like soft sculptures, but I realized that adding a fabric texture isn’t enough to completely change the materiality of the given models.
I used David O’Reilly’s Everything_Animals and Everything _Furnishings Assets. I think the lighting and materials could have been much better. I think that the way the assets are combined are a bit boring, but there are some good aspects (such as the penguin with the ribcage). Also, I think I fell for the common trap of making the composition very ‘front-facing’ in that there is only one-ish interesting sides.
I used utensil models and low poly grass model from turbosquid, and combined them with the hemisphere landscape I created in Rhino. For the lower half of the ground I used texture from texturehaven, and the rest of the models with unity’s own materials (and ended up editing around the diffusion light for the materials).
When I first attempted this exercise, I combined a few models that I liked that had very different textures (hand-painted, photoshop gradients, made with photogrammetry). I didn’t like the way that looked, so I looked for new models that had more similar textures to combine. My favorite model here is the Lotus Shoe (center) because of it’s unexpected shape (I didn’t know it was a shoe at first, I saw a nice cloth blob). I really enjoy models with drapery or cloth. I liked combining the models in Unity and playing with more plausible vs. less plausible setups, and I ended up keeping it simple with 3 models in a vertically oriented sculpture.
I used David O’Reilly’s Everything Consumables libraries and took some things and also deconstructed a model of Turtwig(a Pokémon) and assembled them together which soon became an odd bird that has the eyes of a pigeon.
My Unity Recorder would either crash the whole program or would produce empty files so I just had to manually pan around the model… 🙁 (Hoping to fix this issue soon)