mokka – Living Wallpaper

i’m still here – iiiiiii her iiiiiii i i ii

i'm still here, mokka 2020

In these times, I miss being in the studio the most and seeing people work near me while we struggle silently or maybe excitedly together. Lately, instead of playing through my Spotify playlists, I’ve been drawn to listening to Youtube Live Music playlists as they normally have animated visuals to go along with the music and they make me feel as though someone/something is existing beside me. Since I have this intense feeling of stillness in my home that sometimes buffers my productivity for school, I decided to make something that emulates the same feeling as those live playlists that help me feel a little more comfortable in the space that I currently work in.

This assignment most definitely taught me many different things to consider whether it was the code itself or the process of exporting files and documenting this type of work. I used the Double-Exponential Sigmoid easing function to have the sun be able to pause and have its moment in the window frame and then continue on its merry way. The text above the window frame is something very personal to me and my best friend who I have known since I was 4 yrs old. It transcribes to “I am still here”; it’s something we know want to say to each other often but find it cringy and uncomfortable typing in a normal manner. The more “i”s there are, the more emphasis and eagerness in the message.

Visually, I am not all that satisfied with how it turned out. In fact, it irks me because I’m not sure what else to do with it. Although the curtains look complicated enough as they are right now, I wish I utilized a different technique to try and add dimension to them.

Despite my unsatisfactory, I’m glad to have fulfilled what I planned in my sketch below.