pinkkk-mobiletelematic

Summary: A digital pet co-parenting app

https://glitch.com/~doggo-simulator

This project is ... 

This app targets couples who are thinking of getting a dog, and I was inspired by my own concerns over couples adopting / purchasing dogs in the midst of covid loneliness. I am afraid that a lot of pets will be abandoned once the virus is no longer present, and people's lives will be back to normal. A lot of people have no real idea of the work behind taking care of a dog, so I wanted to have this experience simulation that let a couple recognize if they are both ready for the responsibility.
My Reflection on this Project

I had a lot of fun making this project, and creating the assets for the interface, also the exposure to backend server and database was much appreciated. I always wanted to explore backend but procrastinated to do so until this project asked me to! Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out given the time constraint of the project.

My project touches on mainly touches on the following theme: Asynchronous vs. synchronous: Do the two people collaborate simultaneously, or at different times? By design, it is most likely that people will be collaborating asynchronously in this app, remembering about their digital pet at different times throughout the day. The record keeping feature highlights how many times did they each individually contribute to the well-being of the digital pet.

Selected Assets