yanwen-LivingWallPaper

This was actually completely different from what I was attempting to create at first. I watched this fluid simulation video by the Coding Train and tried to implement my interpretation with the code, but was getting low frame-rates and not so interesting results. I guess the main reason is because the original code was in Processing, but running the sketch in a browser dragged down the frame-rates.

To quickly switch from my initial idea, I decided to continue playing around with primitive 3D objects and their movements. I tried to implement the “DoubleQuadraticSigmoid” function and attractor-mover behavior. Also to add some characteristics to the 3D objects, I attempted to apply a fragment shader as texture to the spheres and drew the shapes with different detail values based on their sizes.

In terms of the visual outcome and presentation, I switched from a 2D scene to a 3D environment (in a rush actually :”) ), and attempted to create this space like environment filled with floating orbs (or planets?). Is it a wallpaper? I guess since every work that has been done for now are viewed on flat screens, so even if the scene itself is 3D, it inhabits in a 2D plane and need to have a sense of flatness. But comparing to standard wallpapers that have repetition of shapes and patterns, it does look different and not so wallpaper-like 🤔.