yanwen-SoliSandbox

DAGWOOD is a sandwich generator that creates random Dagwood sandwiches with layers of food or non-edible stuff. By using the two Soli interaction methods, swipe and tap, users can choose to add ingredients to the sandwich or swap out the last piece of ingredient if they don’t want it.

After generating their sandwiches, users can click on the “TWEET” button to let the Dagwood bot send out an emoji version of the sandwich, or click “RESTART” to build a new sandwich.

I tried to keep the gameplay minimal and gradually added features to the project. One feature that I eventually gave up is to build an image bot, since it would take quite an amount of time to figure out image hosting and tweeting with images, and the saveCanvas() function in p5 isn’t working very well with the Pixel 4 phone. I switched to the emoji bot instead, and also tried to add a retweet when mentioned applet that I found on IFTTT (worked for twice and then it’s somehow broken :’ ))).

Code | Demo – works for Pixel 4 and laptops (view with Pixel 4 screen display size but ingredient sizes are a bit off)

🤖 ENJOY MAKING YOUR DAGWOOD SANDWICHES : D! 🥪