kong-FinalPhase2

Inspirational Work

Ines Alpha

I find the textures used in Alpha’s work to be inspirational–and how the fluid yet superficial texture flows out of the eyes. I also noticed that the fluid sometimes disappears into the space and sometimes flows down along the surface of the face. It seems to differ depending on the angle of the face, and I wonder how Alpha achieves such an effect.

Aaron Jablonski

I found this project captivating as it had similar aspects to my initial ideas in that it places patches of colors on the face (it reminded me of how paint acts in water). Further, this filter was created using Snap Lens Studio, which led me to recognize the significant capabilities of this tool.

Snap Lens Studio

To implement my ideas, I’m planning on utilizing Snap Lens Studio, which I was able to find plenty of YouTube tutorials for. Though I will have to constantly refer back to the tutorials throughout my process, I was able to learn the basics of Snap Lens Studio, how to alter the background, and how to place face masks by looking through the tutorials. I also found a tutorial regarding the material editor that Aaron Jablonski referred to in his post. I believe this feature would allow me to explore and incorporate various textures into my work.