Project Title: Arduino Mood Lamp

Project Creator: Ronny Simon (Not verified)

Glass that’s been cut and ready to be polished. The glass will be used to project the light later.

The intent of this project is to create a colorful decoration. It has a pretty standard RGB rainbow gradient that it cycles through. A lot of the work on this project is done by hand. All of the pieces of acrylic were measured and cut first. These pieces were then fitted with wires and components, and then hooked up with code to handle the color cycling. I like that the arduino is being used to supplement the visual statelessness of the objects themselves, endowing them with color.

While simple, I like this foundational premise as a jumping off point – I’m panning to get lights set up in my apartment and want to go wild, and I bet hooking some kind of Arduino based control system up to the lights would allow me to do some really amazing things that I couldn’t otherwise do. In addition, I like that this project is almost more craft based – this indicated to me that a lot of what’s possible may be limited by my imagination just as much as the code itself.

Either way, I’m excited for this course!