grape – PlotterTwitter

Before viewing PlotterTwitter, I expected to see primarily abstract drawings with (varying) line detail. In my head that made sense because it showcases exactly what a human CAN’T do + maybe it’s easier to code abstract stuff at the beginning.

While I did end up seeing a lot of abstract drawings, what caught me off guard wasn’t the occasional representational drawing but rather the technique and amount of detail captured in the closeups of some of these tweets. I don’t know why but this tweet and this tweet are so hypnotizing because of the combination of moire + color.

Like others’ PlotterTwitter posts, I also found the watercolor technique used in this tweet to be fascinating – I’m interested in seeing how changing the frequency of water breaks for the paintbrush changes the texture and look of the final drawing.

I liked this one particular experiment by @Sheltron3030 on Twitter (Sheltron) because it got me thinking about how you replicate the stroke weight and texture found in calligraphy on an axidraw – I want to see an axidraw write some completely unintelligible cursive script. 🙂