marimonda – PlotterTwitter

I have stumbled into PlotterTwitter before and I have always appreciated the variety of creative minds that it brings together. One of the things I appreciate the most about it is the general gravitation towards the abstract, and fundamentally in creating drawings or art that are not easily replicable by human beings. This comes in the form of highly intricate patterns or works that rely on precise curves that can’t be easily replicated through real-life tools. However I also appreciate it when the converse happens, and there is legitimate experimentation with media, to the point of replicating versatile and messy techniques like watercolors.

Licia He makes incredible art that does this, and I think for me this was one of the most fascinating pieces of plotter art that I saw, in large part because I couldn’t believe it was generative.

One of the other themes I appreciated the most was this idea of copying and replicated biological structures and patterns into physical objects.  I came across this wonderful piece by @josephwilk that highlighted this.