Project Progress

Some updates:

For the past week I have been working on automating my slit scanning turntable with Arduino. Lots of cardboard and wires going on. It’s ending up being a bit more complicated than I thought, as I cannot fabricate an attachment exactly fitted to the motor without a 3D printer, so right now the problem is that my machine is a bit wobbly and doesn’t have a lot of torque. I’m hoping to get this down in the next day or so.

I tried to get my DSLR to work with a Processing sketch, but I learned my phone actually has a better level of video resolution, so I am dropping that plan.

Unfortunately I have very little memory left on my iPhone at the moment, so I wanted to transfer some of my data onto an external hard drive through my laptop. However, it seems that my Apple drivers or USB cables aren’t working, so I have been tirelessly trying for the last few days to fix that.

I am currently working on a photogrammetry test. I also have a potential candidate photo for my final series.

See everything below.

This is an image of kitchen utensils. One of the most important aspects of my life is family, and one of the foundational aspects of my family is dinner. We have cooked and eaten dinner together almost every night of the week for my entire life, and it is a value I hope to uphold when I have a family of my own.

Some images of the Arduino machine.