Proposal: Person in time

I’d like to make an app or piece of software that tracks you when you touch your face. It is out of a desire to train myself to not touch my face in light of the upcoming corona virus plague that is (speculatively) coming. I would wear a handless chest mount for my phone, and potentially take a photo and play a sound every time the hands touch the face. These would ideally be compiled to a video of all such instances in real time.

I am thinking of using Unity to make a face-tracking app with ARKit among other tools – technical suggestions appreciated!

don't touch your face

ordering one of these:

Author: Joseph Amodei

Joseph Amodei is a video/media/performance artist and theatrical designer based in Pittsburgh and NYC. Joseph conceives of art as a powerful epistemic and emotional tool for examining assumed realities. His work combines innovative technology, extensive research, and hope for alternate futures to invite audiences into a communal process of debriefing and re-learning. Joseph grew up in North Carolina, where he received a BFA with honors in studio art from UNC-Chapel Hill. Currently, he is an MFA candidate in video/media design at Carnegie Mellon's School of Drama.