Dsiplay.Land, HyperLapse, and Slit-Scan fun

1. This is a hyperlapse video I made of the cat I have taken charge of in quarantine –> Meet Twigs. Looking forward to playing around with this more, too!

2. This is a 3D model made with Display.Land from a short walk I took. Instead of trying to actually capture a specific area/object, I let the camera just move forward and it created a much more heavily warped model. Some of my more disruptive experiments didn’t compile into videos that would work within the app. I like it and will keep messing around with it.

3. With the slit-scan photo app Poloska I took this portrait of the cat, Twigs. I really enjoy how broken and abstract the photo turned out.

Author: Joseph Amodei

Joseph Amodei is a video/media/performance artist and theatrical designer based in Pittsburgh and NYC. Joseph conceives of art as a powerful epistemic and emotional tool for examining assumed realities. His work combines innovative technology, extensive research, and hope for alternate futures to invite audiences into a communal process of debriefing and re-learning. Joseph grew up in North Carolina, where he received a BFA with honors in studio art from UNC-Chapel Hill. Currently, he is an MFA candidate in video/media design at Carnegie Mellon's School of Drama.