FP Ppdate

map test 4.20

I have continued to refine my mapmaking process and am  pleased with the 2D results in getting everything to run very quickly with a larger dataset, more like what I will have in performance.

However, I have been trying to think of a more easily interactive way to view the content that is created during the show. Currently, I am making a wordpress page for the performance that populates the images into a 3D spinning globe plugin. While this plugin is a good starting point, I am trying to get inside of its three.js  components in order to customize it further to my visual needs. Which would be repeated images, and more images in the grid pattern of the globe, and that it would already rotate on its own (are at least some initial ideas I have). Below is a video of a work in progress of the 3D gallery element.

Author: Joseph Amodei

Joseph Amodei is a video/media/performance artist and theatrical designer based in Pittsburgh and NYC. Joseph conceives of art as a powerful epistemic and emotional tool for examining assumed realities. His work combines innovative technology, extensive research, and hope for alternate futures to invite audiences into a communal process of debriefing and re-learning. Joseph grew up in North Carolina, where he received a BFA with honors in studio art from UNC-Chapel Hill. Currently, he is an MFA candidate in video/media design at Carnegie Mellon's School of Drama.