Digital Repeat Pattern 3- Marissa

Final Vector Images

I wanted to create a pattern that had more overlap and integration between each repeated piece. I made new sketches drawing inspiration from my apartment including the potted plants on my windowsill, the decorative shells on my bookshelf, and the halloween lights that have become a staple wall decoration. I then colored and arranged these vector components in an effort to blend feelings of stress and release.

Pandemic! At The Disco Final Pattern

My environment has become both a place to take exams and to relax. It’s a place to seriously work and to seriously socialize. It can be both overwhelming and comforting, and the objects and colors I chose to repeat convey this duality. I also played around with the placement of my components in order to make the best use space and to create additional patterns. I can see this pattern working nicely as a tablecloth that complements my surroundings.

Skull Candle & Dying Basil Vector Image

I also made a secondary repeat pattern using the technique we first tried in class. I focused on the same elements of my environment as the first pattern, but I cut the new design into 4 squares so that I could create a continuous flame. This effect of this reminds me of the fan airflow pattern we looked at in class, and I was pleased with the final result. I found it challenging to decide how to lay the tiles, but I discovered through trial and error that the Brick by Row tile type allowed me to create the most natural pattern overall.

I’m really enjoying how changing the background from warm to cool colors shifts the energy of the pattern. I think this pattern would work well on a bandana or other wearable.