Digital Repeating Pattern

Remi Adeoti

For my Digital Print I decides to pick object that were around me and were keeping me sane.

One thing I enjoyed about this project was my attention to detail with each sketch. Most of the elements in this print are products, so I tried to imitate the fonts and the texture of each element for it to be as realistic as possible. I do wish those details could be more visible so that they could be appreciated more. The image above was my first draft, which I wasn’t satisfied with because it looked super busy and reminded me of a Christmas wreath.

I added slight changes to the elements, for example I included a carmex that was opened and showed the jelly substance that comes out of it and for my nail spray I tried to depict it spraying everywhere to give action to these inanimate objects.

Another challenge I found was the significant effect spacing and order had. Where I put the elements, how I stacked them onto of each other and the spacing of the pattern really made a difference in what the pattern looked like.

I would probably make this pattern a sticker and put it on my laptop or water bottle because I think its too busy for it to be a wallpaper or something hung up or even worn.